Pages

Monday 24 April 2017

Sweet Peach // Worth the Hype?

 I have a confession to make. When Too Faced announced they would be bringing back their Sweet Peach Palette as a permanent addition to their collection AND be expanding their range to include lip glosses and face products I didn't fall into the hype. In fact, I was so vocally opposed to the whole thing, especially the brands constant churning out of new collections with gimmicky names and packaging. I was so sure the Peach Palette was just another neutral palette and I didn't need it.

Well, I'm not afraid to admit that I was wrong. The hype finally got me and let me tell you, the hype is REAL. Before purchasing the palette, I tried it a few times in store before realising that it was a palette that I would reach for over and over. I've also since purchased the Papa Don't Peach Blush! #converted

//Sweet Peach Eyeshadow Collection



The core of Too Faced's Sweet Peach collection is the eyeshadow palette. A gorgeous palette that includes 18 shades, all quite neutral with a few brighter pinky-peach shades as well as some beautiful deep plums and my surprise favourite, an olive green.

I am really surprised at the high quality of the eyeshadow formula. I own a few other palettes from Too Faced and I have the say the quality is the most consistent in the Sweet Peach palette. The shimmer shades are soft and buttery and glide over the lid so easily, packing a punch in terms of pigment with just one swipe. I absolutely love the shades Luscious and Bellini for the perfect all over the lid shimmer. The mattes perform really well too. My favourite matte shades are the warm browns, Puree and Summer Yum. Unfortunately, the worst performing shadows in the palette are the 3 cream shades in the first column. I really wish that White Peach was a matte cream highlight, but unfortunately its super shimmery but also not very pigmented.

So do you need this in your collection? Well, you don't really need any makeup, but as someone who owns a lot of neutral palettes I love reaching for the Sweet Peach because I can create something soft and pretty and then change it up with the brighter peach shades or the pops of purple and green. I'm so glad I added it to my collection as I reach for it a lot and have used every single shade in the palette.

//Papa Don't Peach Peach Infused Blush

The Papa Don't Peach Blush was more of an impulse purchase but one that I am so glad I made! The shade is a light, shimmery peach that can be applied lightly for a slight flush or built up for a more intense peach glow! I've seen the blush applied on deeper skin tones to me and it also looks incredible - so it is quite versatile across different skin tones. It could also be used as a blush topper to add a bit of a glow! The shimmer is quite fine and doesn't look chunky or glittery at all when applied to the skin. I would also advise deeper skin tones to consider this blush over the Sweet Peach Highlighting palette as the shades in that palette are much lighter and less versatile.

Overall, as a blush lover I'm so glad to have Papa Don't Peach in my collection! However, if you're not makeup obsessed and already own shades like NARS Orgasm or Milani Luminosoyou might find the shades are quite similar.

I also wanted to quickly mention the fact that all the products in the Sweet Peach Collection are peach scented. The scent is definitely artificial and quite sweet and you can smell it as soon as you open the packaging. To be honest, the scent doesn't really appeal to me, it doesn't offend me but I would love the products just as much if they weren't scented. Also if you are usually quite sensitive to fragrance I would definitely recommend maybe checking out the products in store to make sure it doesn't bother you too much

Are you a fan of all things Sweet Peach?

xx Cat

No comments:

Post a Comment