Pages

Wednesday 10 August 2016

Tried & Tested // Go-To Skincare


A couple of months ago I purchased a few items from Go-To, the skin care line founded by the incredible Zoe Foster Blake. I was tempted to buy a few things mainly because they recently launched a new product - Pinky Nudey Lips! - a hydrating, tinted lip balm. While I was placing an order I also decided to try Very Useful Face Cream as well as Exceptionoil. After giving all three products a really good test I'm sharing with you my thoughts.

First off, Go-To is an Australian company that is also cruelty free and doesn't contain use any mineral oils, parabens, synthetic colours or fragrances, sulfates or silicones which gets a huge tick from me! Great for your skin, all the fluffy animals and you're supporting an Aussie business - yay!

I was so excited to try Pinky Nudey Lips! and was hoping it would be a replacement for my favourite lip balm, Mecca Lip de Luscious, because having to dig lip balm out of a pot is not super easy on the go. Whilst I absolutely loved the slight pink tint, unfortunately the lip balm itself is not as nourishing as I had hoped. The texture is quite thin and feels super comfortable on the lips and does give hydration, just not lasting nourishment. I love the scent and the squeezy tube packaging and it has definitely become a staple in my on-the-go makeup bag. I just still need something a little extra as well, particularly during the colder months.

The second product I've been using from Go-To is their Very Useful Face Cream. I absolutely love this moisturiser for a few different reasons. Firstly, it has a shea butter base which is super hydrating, blends really well and also works fantastically underneath makeup. Secondly, the scent is divine (fig and natural rose) without being too overpowering for the face. Thirdly, I just feel like my skin looks great all day when I apply this in the morning and it keeps my skin looking bright and hydrated throughout the day rather than just for a little bit. I have super oily skin so I was worried this will be a little too heavy for me (and it might be in summer) but so far I've been absolutely loving it as my day time face cream. The only downside for me is the packaging. Whilst the squeezy tube is convenient I find the tube a little too tall and clumsy so its hard to store without falling over.

The last product I tried from Go-To is their Exceptionoil which is basically a multipurpose oil-based balm that you can use on your body, face and hair. I've been using it mainly on my body and oh my goodness this stuff is absolutely heavenly! The product is mainly coconut oil as well as being packed with heaps of other delicious and hydrating oils. The scent is Monoi Tiare which is gardenias (i'm pretty sure) but mostly smells like you're frolicking around a tropical island. In terms of effectiveness, it has been really beneficial on my parched, dry winter skin and is great after shaving. Because it is mainly coconut oil, it becomes hard in the tube due to the colder weather, but if you run it under warm water for around 30 seconds it will soften and be all ready to use. Again, I have similar feelings about the packaging to the Very Useful Face Cream - I just think they could to better.

Overall, I'm pretty impressed by the three products I tried from Go-To. Exactly as they claimed, the products are simple and effective. I can't say that the products drastically changed my skin, I didn't try enough of the range and my skin was (thankfully) already in pretty good shape. However, I would definitely recommend the range for anyone who wants a great, natural based range to maintain healthy skin. The whole range is at a fantastic price point too!

Have you used anything from the Go-To skincare range?

xx Cat

No comments:

Post a Comment