Pages

Friday 4 July 2014

Tutorial: Ombre Lips

Ombre lips have been a huge trend this autumn and winter season! Its such a fun way to add a little extra dimension to your lip look that is still super wearable. I decided to create a really fun vampy lip with an ombre effect by following this really easy tutorial from boohoo.com.


To create my look I lined my lips with Essence Lipliner in no.5 'Soft Berry'. Using a clean lip brush I carefully smudged the liner towards the centre of the lip. Then using the lip brush again I applied MAC's 'Rebel' lipstick to the middle of my lips. To finish, I used Creme Brulee Butter Gloss from NYX to highlight the very centre of my lips - simple!


My tips for creating an ombre lip are:
  1. Choose a colour scheme: I went for dark berry shades, but pick a liner that is a darker colour than your lipstick. For reds, you might want to go for an orange or pink shade of lipstick.
  2. Make sure your lip liner is sharp: blunt lipliner is going to get messy!
  3. Use a lip brush: Using a lip brush to apply your lipstick will allow for much more precision and dabbing your lipstick on will add the the ombre effect.
I hope you enjoyed this post and let me know if you try the ombre lip as well!
- Also please excuse the faded foundation around my mouth - It is inevitable while doing lip swatches all afternoon!

xx Catherine

* This post was not sponsored.


No comments:

Post a Comment