Pages

Sunday 9 February 2014

Quickie Review: Benefit They're Real! Mascara

Everyone and their mum has this mascara which can even be seen in sale statistics - They're Real! was the no.1 selling mascara at Myer in the 12 months ending July 2013. I have received a deluxe sample size in the past but just gave it to my sister because I really don't like plastic bristles on mascara wands. After receiving another sample from Benefit the other week I decided to give it another go.

Image sourced from http://www.jennasuth.com/2013/05/free-benefit-theyre-real-mascara.html

I love the way this mascara makes my lashes look. It creates amazing length and curls really well too. It also gives just the perfect amount of volume and is super easy to build up when applying more than one coat. I also love the little ball at the end of the wand which is actually really useful for using on the bottom lashes.




Although this is undoubtedly a fantastic mascara and a lot of people swear by it, I really just can't get over the small plastic bristles. While I'm impressed with the result I don't see myself ever purchasing the full size of They're Real mascara as I feel like I can get the same effect with other mascaras and don't have to put myself through the trauma of using tiny plastic bristles.

Note that mascara is definitely a product that works specifically for different people - so if you prefer plastic bristles I'm sure you will fall in love with this mascara!

xx Cat ^.^

No comments:

Post a Comment